Burley Workers’ Comp Attorneys

Image of Idaho map.Suffering an injury on the job can impact all aspects of your daily life. From getting to the doctor’s office to paying your monthly bills, when you are injured and unable to work nothing is as easy as it should be. Workers’ comp can help meet your financial needs while you rest and recover, but many employers and insurance companies make it difficult to collect the benefits you deserve — so don’t hire an attorney to represent you that you have not met.

At Petersen, Parkinson & Arnold PLLC, we have more than 75 years of experience in Burley workers’ comp pursuing claims and appeals. Our Burley Workers’ Comp Attorneys are skilled and passionate advocates for injured workers, and we are known for our effective representation in workers’ compensation matters. Attorney James Arnold has been certified as a Workers’ Compensation Specialist by the Idaho State Bar, and our attorneys have the knowledge and experience you need to collect workers’ comp benefits in Burley, Idaho. Mr. Arnold se habla Espanol.

Respected Workers’ Comp Attorneys serving Burley

A client talking to his lawyer about workers' comp in Burley.In Idaho, workers’ compensation is a “no-fault” system. This means that your employer or its workers’ comp insurer is supposed to pay benefits regardless of the cause of your work injury or illness (with only very limited exceptions). Unfortunately, despite the system being designed to protect injured workers (and also protect employers by limiting the benefits available), workers routinely experience difficult challenges with their benefits claims.

Regardless of the current status of your claim – whether you were just injured and haven’t yet reported the incident to your employer, or your claim has already been denied – our attorneys can help. We have a comprehensive understanding of the workers’ comp system, and we are intimately familiar with the tactics that employers and insurance companies use to delay, reduce, and deny employees’ benefits. Do not let your employer or its insurer decide the outcome of your claim. Contact us today and put decades of workers’ comp experience on your side.

Experienced Representation for All Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses

A worker carrying a heavy equipment at a construction site in Burley.We represent construction workers, industrial workers, office workers, managers, retail staff, and other employees who have suffered work-related injuries and illnesses in Burley, Idaho. Our attorneys are available to speak or meet with you about your workers’ compensation claim involving:

  • Back, neck, or shoulder injury
  • Face or head injury
  • Joint or limb injury (including bone fractures and soft tissue injuries)
  • Occupational illness or disease
  • Repetitive stress injury
  • Traumatic brain injury
  • Other job-related injury or illness

Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs) about Idaho Workers’ Compensation

Q: Do I need to tell my employer about my injury or illness?

Yes. In order to file for workers’ compensation, you must first report your work injury or illness to your employer. This can be done using the First Report of Injury or Illness form available from the Idaho Industrial Commission (IIC). Once you complete this form, your employer should file it with the IIC. If your employer fails to do so, you can file your form with the IIC directly.

Under Idaho law, you must report your injury or illness to your employer within 60 days (reporting your injury or illness is not the same as filing a workers’ comp claim). Your employer is prohibited from taking adverse employment action against you because you suffered a job-related injury or exercised your right to collect workers’ comp benefits.

Q: Can I collect workers' comp benefits if my injury or illness is minor and I will get better soon?

Potentially, yes. If you are unable to work as a result of your injury or illness – even for a short period of time – you may be entitled to workers’ comp benefits. You should not assume that any job-related injury or illness is “minor.” You should report any job-related health incident to your employer, and you should speak with an attorney to find out if you have a claim for benefits.
Q: Can I see my own doctor for treatment of a work-related injury or illness?

Idaho law allows employers to limit physicians who can treat their employees’ work-related injuries. As a result, in order to maintain your workers’ comp eligibility, you generally must either:

  • See a doctor who has been pre-approved by your employer;
  • Obtain approval from your employer to see a different doctor; or,
  • File a successful petition for approval with the IIC.

Learn More about Filing for Workers’ Comp in Burley, Idaho

At Petersen, Parkinson & Arnold PLLC, we offer free initial consultations with a workers’ comp lawyer, and we do not charge any fees or costs unless we help you collect workers’ compensation benefits. To learn more about your rights from one of our experienced Burley Workers’ Comp Lawyers, please call (208) 677-8373 or request an appointment online today.

Call us today for your FREE consultation!

We are prepared to get to work for you.