Twin Falls Workers’ Comp Lawyers

A scenic view of Twin Falls in Idaho during an early morning.If you are unable to work due to a job-related injury, our attorneys can help you collect the workers’ compensation benefits to which you are entitled. Under Idaho law, employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance, and this insurance provides “no-fault” coverage for employees’ on-the-job injuries. However, collecting workers’ comp benefits is often not as easy as it should be, and in order to protect your rights, you will likely need experienced legal representation. Our Twin Falls workers’ comp lawyers have decades of experience helping injured workers collect the benefits they deserve. If you are entitled to benefits, we can deal with your employer and its workers’ comp insurance adjuster for you so that you can focus on your physical recovery. We understand that you want to get back to work as quickly as possible, but we also know just how important it is for you to protect your rights. When you hire us to represent you, we will help you avoid critical mistakes so that you can start receiving benefits as quickly as possible and receive all the benefits to which you are owed. Don’t hire an attorney you have not met.

Get Help from Certified Workers’ Comp Lawyers Serving Twin Falls

A client talking to her lawyer about workers comp in Twin Falls.How do you file a workers’ compensation claim? How do you know if your claim is valid? How do you protect your rights if your claim is wrongfully denied? What benefits are you entitled to receive? These are all important questions, and they do not have easy answers. When you schedule a free initial consultation at Petersen, Parkinson & Arnold PLLC, you will meet with an attorney who will provide you with the information you need to make decisions about your claim, and will do everything necessary to maximize your medical and financial recovery.

Our workers’ compensation attorneys have represented thousands of injured workers throughout Southern Idaho, and attorney James Arnold is certified by the Idaho State Bar Association as a Workers’ Compensation Specialist. Mr. Arnold se habla Espanol. When you need help getting and maximizing your benefits from a work injury or illness, experience matters. Contact us today to put more than 75 years of Idaho workers’ compensation experience on your side.

Significant Experience in All Workers’ Compensation Claims

A construction worker on site during a hot exhausting noon in Twin Falls.With decades of experience and thousands of clients represented, we have handled workers’ comp cases involving virtually all types of accidents, injuries, and illnesses. Let us help you collect the benefits you deserve for your:

  • Back, neck, or shoulder injury
  • Face or head injury
  • Joint or limb injury (including bone fractures and soft tissue injuries)
  • Occupational illness or disease
  • Repetitive stress injury
  • Traumatic head or brain injury
  • Other job-related injury or illness


Q&A: Maximizing Your Financial Recovery After a Job-Related Injury or Illness

Q: What workers' comp benefits are available in Idaho?

Under Idaho law, workers’ comp provides three primary types of benefits:

  • Medical expenses
  • Disability benefit while out of work during your recovery
  • Permanent Disability for a permanent injury that affects the ability to work

If you were injured or got sick on the job, you may be entitled to full coverage for your medical and rehabilitation costs. For most employees, disability benefits cover up to 67 percent of their pre-incident weekly wages during medical recovery.

Q: What if workers' comp does not cover all of my injury-related losses?

Since workers’ comp only covers a portion of your lost income (and does not cover non-financial harm, such as pain and suffering), most employees cannot expect their benefits to fully cover their losses. This is one of the reasons why it is critical to ensure that you receive as much in workers’ compensation benefits as possible.

Depending on what happened, in addition to filing a claim for workers’ comp, you may also be able to file a claim for personal injury compensation against someone other than your employer. If you have a personal injury claim, you can seek full compensation for all of your injury-related losses.

Q: Can I receive workers' comp and Social Security disability benefits?

Usually, yes. Workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability (SSD) are separate programs. Workers’ comp is administered by the Idaho Industrial Commission, while SSD is administered by the federal Social Security Administration. If you qualify under both programs, you can usually collect both types of benefits up to a certain amount following a job-related injury or illness that keeps you from returning to work.
Q: How long do I have to file a workers' comp claim in Idaho?

In Idaho, you must notify your employer of your Twin Falls work injury or illness within 60 days, and you must file your workers’ comp claim within one year. If you miss either of these deadlines, you could lose your right to collect benefits. If you are concerned that you may have waited too long, you should speak with a Twin Falls Workers’ Comp Lawyer right away.

Speak or Meet with a Dedicated Twin Falls Workers’ Comp Attorney for Free

For more information about how our experienced lawyers can help with your workers’ comp claim, please contact us to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with a Workers’ Comp Lawyer. You can call our Twin Falls Law offices at (208) 733-1331, or send us your contact information and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Call us today for your FREE consultation!

We are prepared to get to work for you.