Our team of Idaho car accident lawyers will fight for your best interests and maximize your chances of receiving a fair settlement. We do this by investigating and analyzing the accident, collecting evidence, working with doctors and other medical providers, negotiating with insurance companies, handling paperwork for you, and filing a lawsuit when necessary.
We go beyond the low-ball settlement offers to ensure you receive fair compensation, and that all injury-related expenses, including lost income, are taken into account.
Caring Yet Aggressive Idaho Falls Car Accident Lawyers
Representing All of Southern Idaho including Twin Falls and Burley
With more than 65 years of combined experience, the team at Petersen, Parkinson & Arnold, PLLC, know how to care for our clients. Our Idaho Falls car accident lawyers stand up to insurance companies and give each car accident injury claim the attention it deserves.
Our Idaho Falls car accident attorneys have what it takes to not only handle your claim, but to win it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The at-fault driver’s insurance company wants me to give them a recorded statement. Should I comply?
No, not unless your lawyer says it’s OK. All you should send is a bare-bones notification of the accident, because the insurance company will be examining anything you say or write for evidence that they can use to deny or minimize your claim. The same care should be taken when communicating with your own insurance company.
The at-fault driver was driving a company car at the time of the accident. Can I collect from the driver’s employer?
That all depends on whether:
- The driver was on duty at the time of the accident;
- The driver was “acting within the scope of his duties”; and
- The driver was an actual employee of the company (many truck drivers, for example, are considered “independent contractors” rather than employees, meaning that the company is not responsible for their negligence).
The at-fault driver received a traffic ticket at the scene of the accident. Can I use this against him?
Perhaps, especially if the driver pleads guilty in traffic court. Of course, the behavior that triggered the traffic ticket must have been responsible for causing the accident; otherwise, it is irrelevant.
The at-fault driver was intoxicated at the time of the accident. Can I file a claim against the bar that sold him alcohol?
Perhaps. Under the Idaho dram shop law, you can sue the bar that sold the at-fault driver alcohol if:
- The driver was under 21 and the bartender knew, or should have known, that the driver was underage; or
- The driver was obviously intoxicated at the time he was served.
Can I recover damages for “pain and suffering”?
This is definitely possible, especially if you were seriously injured. Your total pain and suffering damages might far exceed the compensation you received for your medical bills. The amount would be based on:
- The seriousness of your injury
- The amount of pain that you suffered, based primarily on objective evidence (X-ray, etc.)
- Any disfigurement or disability caused by your injury (a scar, for example, or loss of use of a limb).
The Insurance Company Is Your Adversary, Not Your “Neighbor”
Do not be fooled by insurance company advertising. Insurance companies are profit-seeking businesses, and they do not profit by paying out claims – they become your adversary the moment you claim against one of their policies. What is worse, the average insurance adjuster is a professional negotiator with a thousand tricks up his sleeve. The following are only a few of the tricks they like to play:
- Snooping into your social media accounts for evidence that you are healthier than you are claiming to be (beware of “friend” requests from strangers during this time!)
- Issuing a quick, inadequate “take it or leave it” settlement offer while you are still in recovery
- Demanding unlimited access to your medical records
- Taking a recorded statement of an interview with you in which they ask you trick questions
Fortunately, as highly experienced Idaho Falls car accident lawyers, we know their tricks, and we absolutely will not allow them take advantage of one of our clients.
Petersen, Parkinson and Arnold are some of Idaho Falls and Southern Idaho’s most experienced auto accident attorneys. With more than 65 years of combined experience, our firm has helped hundreds of clients achieve the outcome they deserve. As seasoned Idaho Falls car accident lawyers, we give you the peace of mind you need to focus on your recovery while we handle the rest.
Call us today to learn more about how we can help you!